Looking for the perfect gift? Stay tuned for awesome gift picks from the Fashism team!
Gift Guide - For The Foodie
A tasty treat is pretty much a shoe-in with everyone. And if it’s not, I really encourage you to de-friend that person. I never trust people who don’t enjoy food… But hey, that’s just me.
1. One of my favorite teas of all time, Mariage Frères Marco Polo is light, deep, fruity and comforting, all-in-one.
2. Mast Brothers Chocolate is down the street from my house, and I walk by it every day just to catch a whiff of amazing chocolate smell. The taste is right up there too, with the sea salt bar being my favorite. Get a pack of 10 to share, or buy them individually. No need to wrap these babies, as the packaging is gorgeous!
3. An enthusiastic home cook (as evidenced by my Instagram feed), I am always on the hunt for new recipes to try and tinker with. Fellow General Assembly startup Food52 has been a new source of inspiration, and their new crowd-sourced Food52 cookbook, edited by co-founder Amanda Hesser (ahem - you may remember her from The New York Times cookbook!) & Merrill Stubbs, is full of fresh, easy and inventive recipes to follow and innovate upon.
4. For the stinky cheese lovers in your life (and I hope you have many!), here’s a gift that keeps on giving: The Murray’s Cheese Shop Monthly Cheese Subscription. Plan strategically and give it to someone that lives close to you so they can invite you over. Every month.
5. I am so tired of cupcakes! Especially when there’s more beautiful, more delicious, more refined confections in town: macarons! These treats taste just as good as they look. And while people may tell you to go to Ladurée, I beg to differ and recommend Macaron Café. I’ve done the taste test and I prefer them, plus they have way more flavors - which also means more colors in the pretty box!
6. This is the season for hot chocolate. My favorite? Marie Belle’s Aztec Spicy Hot Chocolate, with just the right amount of chili spice. Make it European-style with hot water and top it with some whipped cream!
- Pamela Castillo, Director of Product, Fashism (and co-founder of Market Publique)